Damage Prevention for the Planet is a video learning system providing training for underground utility locating equipment operators with a focus on damage prevention. These videos focus on electromagnetic locating, teaching basic to advanced concepts suitable for the beginning to more advanced operator in multiple segments of the utility industry.
Video collections currently available include:
"The Basics" - Offering basic training on the locating instrument covering fundamental terminology and concepts in locating
Explains the two methods of energizing the metallic pipe or cable as well as the advantages of each.
This collection of videos includes:
1. How the locating instrument works
2. Different Frequencies Do Different Things
3. Milliamps and Power, Part 1
4. Moving the Transmitter
5. The Advantage of the Inductive Coupler
6. Signals Path at Signal Splits
7. Milliamps and Power, Part 2
8. Path of Least Resistance
9. Isolation and Bonding
10. There Is No Best Frequency